Thursday, June 9, 2011

LVAD

I probably should have blogged more about the health issues that my Dad has, specifically in regards to his heart. However, I haven't and I'm not going to try to do it all now.

That being said, tomorrow my Dad is having major heart surgery. The crack open the chest, put you on a ventilator kind. Yeah, scary shit. Because of all the problems and damage with his heart, they are going to be putting in an artificial pumping device. This should make him feel at least a little better. They can't predict how MUCH better, but hopefully won't be any worse.

For those interested, Google "LVAD" or "Left Ventricle Assist Device" and you'll get quite an education.

Scary as hell for us and tomorrow is going to be very stressful. We can definitely use as many prayers and positive thoughts as possible.

3 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many prayers and positive thoughts headed your dad's way and your way too. I know what LVAD is without Googling. Scary stuff, but hopefully it will help your dad feel better.

    ReplyDelete